Step-by-Step Guide to Make Traditional 72 Hour Short Ribs with Potato Rosti and Port Wine Sauce for Healthy Recipe
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, 72 hour short ribs with potato rosti and port wine sauce. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
72 Hour Short Ribs with Potato Rosti and Port Wine Sauce is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. 72 Hour Short Ribs with Potato Rosti and Port Wine Sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have 72 hour short ribs with potato rosti and port wine sauce using 15 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make 72 Hour Short Ribs with Potato Rosti and Port Wine Sauce:
- Get 1 Boneless Beef Short Rib, 2lbs
- Take 1 cup Minced Shallots
- Take 3 tbsp Butter
- Get 1 Salt and Pepper
- Make ready 1 cup Beef Stock
- Take 1 cup Port Wine
- Make ready 1 Potatoes
- Get 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Prepare 3 tbsp Melted Butter
- Take 1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp Salt
- Make ready 1 Garlic Clove
- Prepare 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Prepare 1 tbsp Parsley
Steps to make 72 Hour Short Ribs with Potato Rosti and Port Wine Sauce:
- Season the raw short rib with salt and pepper.
- Place your boneless cut of short rib into a sous-vide pouch with a tablespoon of butter.
- Vacuum seal the bag and cook in a water bath at 59.5 C (139.1 F) for 72 hours Time and temperature is referenced from Thomas Keller?s Under Pressure sous-vide book
- After 72 Hours? Heat some butter in a sauté pot over medium heat.
- Chop the shallots finely, add to pan and sweat until translucent.
- Add the port wine and reduce by half.
- Add beef stock, bring to boil, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer and reduce by half or until sauce consistency, coats the back of a spoon.
- Add butter, salt, pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel potatoes, grate with box grater, place grated potato in a clean dish towel, squeeze out water.
- Place grated potato in large bowl, add cornstarch, butter, parsley, and season with salt and pepper, blend well.
- Form into medium size patties (about 1/3 cup), place on sheet tray and gently press down to flatten.
- Heat some oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Sauté rosti until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Put in the oven 15 minutes.
- Set aside on a baking sheet and hold warm.
- Open the pouch of short rib and place into a baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and cook at 375°F until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Heat sauté pan with oil over medium high heat, add 1 T of butter to melt, Thyme and garlic, place meat in pan, sear on both sides.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board, allow it to rest a moment, and then cut slices against the grain.
- Place slices on a serving dish and serve with the rosti and port wine sauce
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food 72 hour short ribs with potato rosti and port wine sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!