How to Prepare Ultimate Beef Wellington (for two) for Lunch Food
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, beef wellington (for two). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Beef Wellington (for two) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Beef Wellington (for two) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook beef wellington (for two) using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Wellington (for two):
- Prepare 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- Prepare 1 large filet mignon
- Prepare Dash salt, pepper, & dried thyme
- Prepare 2 Tbs. brown mustard
- Prepare 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Prepare 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- Prepare 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- Make ready 1 clove garlic, minced
- Get 1/2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- Make ready Dash Sherry wine (optional)
- Get 4 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Prepare Dash flour
- Prepare 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Prepare 1 egg beaten (dash of water)
Instructions to make Beef Wellington (for two):
- Heat a medium sized heavy skillet and add oil. Over medium-high heat, sear the "seasoned" beef until browned on all sides, including the sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to a plate. Coat all sides with mustard. Let cool in fridge.
- In the same skillet, add olive oil to prepare the “duxelles.” Add the mushrooms & shallots and begin to sauté. Add a bit of butter along with garlic, dried thyme, and dash of sherry.
- Cook and stir until all liquid has evaporated 25-30 minutes. Add a dash of salt & pepper and place in a bowl to cool. [Tend to your side dishes]
- Place plastic wrap down on a work surface (2x the length and width of the beef). Lay the prosciutto slices on the wrap (shingling them) in a 6” square pattern. Spread the duxelles thinly over the prosciutto.
- Place the beef at the bottom of the first prosciutto slice. Using the plastic wrap, begin to roll the beef up tightly, tucking the prosciutto sides as you roll. Twist ends of wrap tightly. Transfer to freezer for 10 minutes.
- Lightly flour work surface and spread out puff pastry. Place the beef in the center and trim off the sides (and top) of the pastry a bit. Brush the pastry edges with egg wash and fold things up (a present / gift).
- Place seam side down on a plate. Decorate the top by braiding or a simple X (use egg wash like glue), and then chill for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Transfer the Wellington to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash all over and sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Bake until pastry is golden and the center registers 120°F for medium-rare, about 25 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before making a center cut (dividing the Wellington into two).
- Spoon a port wine/ beef reduction sauce on each plate half. Add the Wellington and top with a bit more gravy. Complete the dish with the sides and enjoy.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food beef wellington (for two) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!