Steps to Make Favorite Chef Zee&#39;s Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) for Types of Food
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chef zee's ropa vieja (shredded beef). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chef zee's ropa vieja (shredded beef) using 25 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef):
- Prepare Beef brisket or blade steak
- Take 1/2-1 tsp lite sodium soy sauce
- Take 1 packet sazon
- Get 1 tsp oregano
- Get 1 tsp cumin
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Prepare 1/2 white or yellow onion minced
- Make ready 1/2 cubanelle/italian pepper minced
- Take 5 garlic cloves mashed/diced
- Prepare Black pepper to taste
- Prepare 1/2 lemon
- Prepare 1/2 tsp adobo
- Get Drizzle of olive oil
- Take Water
- Take Sauce
- Prepare 1 white onion
- Prepare 1/2 green pepper
- Prepare 1/2 red or yellow pepper
- Get 3 garlic clives chopped
- Make ready 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Make ready 1 tsp dry white cooking wine
- Get 1 1/2 cups braising liquid (sec above)
- Get 2-3 tbs tomato paste
- Get Handful os Spanish olives
- Make ready Optional: cilantro
Steps to make Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef):
- Cut brisket into medium pieces and place in a bowl. Season beef with black pepper, cumin, ground orégano, sazón, adobo, salsa china (lite sodium soy sauce), minced onions and peppers, fresh lemon juice, mashed garlic, and olive oil. Mix everything until the beef is well coated with seasonings. Marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Warm oil in pot over medium flame. Once oil is hot, add brisket. Brown brisket 5-10 min on each side.
- Add enough water to cover beef completely in the pot — be sure to add water to mixing bowl first to capture all of the marinade and then add to braising beef. Add bay leaf. Braise beef for 2-3 hours until tender. Add water throughout if necessary. Once tender, remove beef from braising liquid. Shred beef using forks, tongs, or hands. Place shredded beef is a large bowl. Remove & discard all extra fat. In a skillet add olive oil to a med high flame. Add shredded beef and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add braising liquid & simmer for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste & stir until combined. Stew for 5 minutes. Add dry white wine & stew for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic, onions, peppers, vinegar, cilantro, & olives. Mix until well combined. Add red wine vinegar. Let cook until onions reach your desired doneness.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food chef zee's ropa vieja (shredded beef) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!