Recipe of Perfect French Onion Soup for Diet Food
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, french onion soup. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
French Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. French Onion Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook french onion soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Prepare 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Make ready 4 onions, sliced
- Make ready 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Prepare 2 bay leaves
- Make ready 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- Take Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make ready 1 cup red wine, about 1/2 bottle
- Take 3 heaping Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Take 2 quarts beef broth
- Get 1 baguette, sliced
- Make ready 1/2 pound grated Gruyere
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt the stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and salt and pepper and cook until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the wine has evaporated and the onions are dry, about 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Dust the onions with the flour and give them a stir. Turn the heat down to medium low so the flour doesn't burn, and cook for 10 minutes.
- When you're ready to eat, preheat the broiler. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle the slices with the Gruyere and broil until bubbly and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Ladle the soup in bowls and float several of the Gruyere croutons on top.
- Alternative method: Ladle the soup into bowls, top each with 2 slices of bread and top with cheese. Put the bowls into the oven to toast the bread and melt the cheese.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food french onion soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!