Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Ultimate The Most Amazingly Moist Smoked Turkey! 🦃 for List of Food
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, the most amazingly moist smoked turkey! 🦃. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
The Most Amazingly Moist Smoked Turkey! 🦃 is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. The Most Amazingly Moist Smoked Turkey! 🦃 is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook the most amazingly moist smoked turkey! 🦃 using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make The Most Amazingly Moist Smoked Turkey! 🦃:
- Make ready 1 12-14 lb Fresh Turkey
- Take Brine:
- Prepare 1 qt (32 oz) Vegetable Stock
- Make ready 1 (750 ml) bottle Pinot Grigio wine
- Get 2 large shallots, sliced thin
- Prepare 6-7 cloves garlic, smashed but not peeled
- Get 2 lemons, cut in half and squeezed halfway
- Prepare 7-8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Take 6 whole bay leaves
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup kosher salt
- Make ready 2 tbs whole peppercorns
- Take 1 tbs whole mustard seed
- Take Water (to cover)
- Take Butter Compound:
- Get 1 cup unsalted butter
- Prepare 2 tbs kosher salt
- Get 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Get 1 tsp garlic powder
Steps to make The Most Amazingly Moist Smoked Turkey! 🦃:
- Remove Turkey from packaging. Wash with cold water to remove all juices. Set aside.
- Assemble and prepare the remaining ingredients as noted.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable stock, salt, bay leaves, peppercorns, and mustard seeds to a boil. Stir until salt is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, pour the brine into a 5-gallonstock pot or container. Pour in the bottle of wine, then add the shallots, garlic, thyme, and lemons. Slowly lower in the turkey (otherwise it will slosh out all over your countertop!)
- Add ice and water to cover the turkey and either set in your refrigerator or continue adding ice to keep it below 40°. Keep the turkey in the brine for at least 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove turkey and drain all liquid and remove any pepper corns or mustard seeds from within the carcass. With paper towels, dry the outer areas of the turkey. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, soften your butter (not to melting) and incorporate the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Wrap in Saran Wrap and place in refrigerator for about the same time you’re waiting for the turkey to adjust to room temp.
- Now go outside and prepare your smoker. For any poultry, you’ll want to use either Pecan or Apple wood as your smoke base. (for this specific turkey I used pecan.)
- While your smoker is heating, go back inside and remove the turkey and butter from the refrigerator. Separate the skin on turkey breast and thighs. In the cavities, insert the butter mixture liberally. (Seriously, you can’t add too much!)
- Place an aluminum drip pan on the heat deflector in your smoker to catch the drippings (there will be a lot and if you don’t use a drip pan it will eventually extinguish your fire before the turkey is done.) Place the turkey on the top placement on your smoker. Bring your smoker to a steady 225°. *Oh, quickly wrap the tips of your wings in foil or they will burn!
- After 3 hours, open and baste the turkey with the drippings and each hour afterward. *As a rule, at 225°, you should plan cooking time at 30 mins per pound.
- When you’ve reached the appropriate time based on the weight of your turkey, remove from smoker.
- Here is the most important step to keep your smoked turkey moist and tender: prepare a roasting pan to just accommodate the size of your turkey. Add whatever drippings are remaining from the dripping pan to the roasting pan with the turkey. Next, place that pan into a roaster or another larger pan (with a cover) with water creating indirect moist heat at about 250-275° depending on the size of your turkey. If larger, then make it 275. Keep in that roaster for at least 3-4 hours.
- Finally, remove and carve like you’re a professional!! ENJOY!!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food the most amazingly moist smoked turkey! 🦃 recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!