Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Iconic Cajun pork and lentils for Healthy Food
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, cajun pork and lentils. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Combine lentils with the spices and water. Be sure to use a large enough saucepan as the lentils will double or triple in size. Pork tenderloins often come packaged in pairs. This recipe rubs them with flavorful spice before a no-fuss roasting.
Cajun pork and lentils is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Cajun pork and lentils is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have cajun pork and lentils using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun pork and lentils:
- Get 1 lb. lentils
- Get 2 lb. pork spare ribs strips, cut in small pieces
- Take 1/4 cup pork fat
- Prepare jon cajun seasoning
- Prepare 3 tsp. salt
- Prepare 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Prepare 1 tsp. onion powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Take 2 tsp. paprika powder
- Make ready 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Make ready 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Get 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- Make ready 1 1/4 tsp. dry oregano leaves
- Prepare 1 tsp. cumin powder
- Get 1 tsp. Mexican chili powder
- Make ready other ingredients
- Prepare 2/3 cup diced onions
- Take 2/3 cup diced red peppers
- Make ready 2/3 cup diced green pepper
- Take 1/2 cup diced carrots
- Get 2/3 cup diced celery
- Make ready 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes or chunky tomato sauce
- Prepare 2 minced garlic cloves
- Get 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Take 1 diced potato
- Get 1 cup white wine
- Make ready 1 1/2 qt. + 1 cup. water
- Make ready 1 tsp. salt
Stir in tomatoes, breaking them up; add wine, tomato paste, sugar, basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Pork was a cornerstone of the diet of the French settlers who lived in Acadiana, now called Nova Scotia. When the British forced them out of their As Native Americans did with the buffalo, the Acadians, a.k.a. Cajuns, utilized virtually every part of the pig.
Steps to make Cajun pork and lentils:
- Check the lentils for stones or any foreign objects. - Place the lentils in a container, cover with plenty water and let them soak for a couple hours. - In a bowl mix all the spices for the Cajun seasoning. - Pad dry the ribs with paper towel and mix with 2½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Let them marinate for 1 hour. Save the rest of the seasoning for other Cajun recipes.
- Cut the vegetables and measure the rest of the ingredients. - Heat up at moderate temperature a large frying pan and melt the pork fat. When some of the fat becomes brown, remove and reserve. - Place the ribs in the frying pan and brown them on both sides. Remove to a deep pot.
- Add to the frying pan onion, garlic and brown them, trying to lose any particles sticking on the pan. - Add the rest of the vegetables, brown pieces of pork fat and sweat them for 3 minutes. - Add 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and tomatoes to the pot with the ribs.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the wine or water and add to the ribs. - Incorporate the water, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and let the ribs cook slowly for 45 minutes. - Drain the soaking lentils. Add lentils, potatoes to ribs in the pot. - Let boil the liquid, lower the flame and cook slowly for 25 to 30 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Serve the soup with a bit chopped tomatoes and cilantro on top.
When the British forced them out of their As Native Americans did with the buffalo, the Acadians, a.k.a. Cajuns, utilized virtually every part of the pig. Before the advent of refrigeration and. View top rated Pork and lentils recipes with ratings and reviews. The Best Canned Lentils Recipes on Yummly
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food cajun pork and lentils recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!