How to Make Traditional Hujiao bing (Taiwanese pepper buns) for Diet Food
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, hujiao bing (taiwanese pepper buns). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hujiao bing (Taiwanese pepper buns) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Hujiao bing (Taiwanese pepper buns) is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Hújiāo bǐng or pepper bun is a type of baked bun that originated in city of Fuzhou, the capital of China's Fujian province. It is a street food that has become quite popular in Taiwan and can be found. In today's video, we are trying to make the famous Taiwanese PEPPER BUN! The pepper bun (aka Hujiao bing) is one of my favorite street foods EVER, and I.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hujiao bing (taiwanese pepper buns) using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Hujiao bing (Taiwanese pepper buns):
- Make ready Dough 發酵麵團
- Make ready 1 cup water
- Prepare 2 tsp yeast mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Prepare 1 tbsp sugar
- Take 480 grams (3 1/4 cups) all purpose flour
- Get 1/2 tsp salt
- Take Roux 油酥 (optional)
- Make ready 120 grams (3/4 cups) all purpose flour
- Prepare 60 grams lard
- Make ready Filling 餡
- Prepare 1 lb ground pork
- Prepare 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Make ready 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Take 1 tbsp mijiu (rice wine)
- Make ready 1 tbsp sugar
- Make ready 1 tbsp salt
- Prepare 1 tbsp black peper
- Make ready 150 grams chopped green onions
- Take Garnish
- Prepare white sesame seeds
Pepper bun has become one of the most loved street food in Taiwan. The black pepper bun (hujiao bing or hu jiao bing in Chinese) is one of Taiwan's most popular snacks and has a hundred years of history. One of the best parts about this delicious snacks, is the fillings! When you realize that there is an explosion of flavor when you first bit into it.
Instructions to make Hujiao bing (Taiwanese pepper buns):
- Use a mixer to make the filling; refrigerate it
- Use a mixer to make the dough; divide the dough into 12 pieces (each one is about 40 grams)
- Use a mixer to make the roux (optional); divide the roux into 12 pieces
- Wrap each small piece of roux into a small piece of dough; make them into balls
- Make the buns – flatten the balls and wrap the filling into them
- Preheat the oven to 400F; at the same time use some water to stick white sesame seeds on each bun, and then bake the buns for about 20-25 minutes
One of the best parts about this delicious snacks, is the fillings! When you realize that there is an explosion of flavor when you first bit into it. Hujiao Bing (胡椒餅 Fūjaobin ) is a dish made by Sōma Yukihira and Jōichirō Yukihira. A dish made by Sōma during the Moon Banquet Festival. However, he first learned about this dish when his father acquired a clay oven from one of his acquaintances.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food hujiao bing (taiwanese pepper buns) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!