Step-by-Step Guide to Make Real Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing) for Types of Food
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, asian spiced sesame soy chicken (sans the xiao xing). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have asian spiced sesame soy chicken (sans the xiao xing) using 29 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing):
- Prepare Good for 3 chicken quarters (thigh with leg)
- Get Brine
- Prepare Water, enough to submerge chicken
- Get 6-7 tablespoon heaps of salt
- Get Chicken Rub
- Make ready Salt
- Prepare Pepper
- Take Dash cinnamon
- Prepare Sauce to cook it in
- Make ready 4 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- Make ready 1 Tbsp regular Soy Sauce
- Get 1 Tbsp Soy Liquid Seasoning (I use Knorr)
- Take 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Take 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Make ready 2-3 big pinches of brown sugar
- Get 10 Tbsp water
- Make ready 2 clove (spice) pieces
- Get 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Take 2 small-medium onions, sliced
- Get 1 dried bay leaf or laurel leaf
- Take 1 green chili sliced in middle
- Prepare To Brown
- Get 2-3 T Cooking oil
- Get Few drops Sesame oil
- Make ready Garnish / Side (optional)
- Make ready 3-4 bunches Pechay
- Make ready Sprinkle of All Purpose Seasoning powder
- Make ready Dash Salt
- Take Dash Sesame Oil
Steps to make Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing):
- BRINE: Take out frozen chicken and soak it in water. Just enough water to keep all pieces submerged. Sprinkle salt all over on top of the chicken and around it. Set aside until thawed.
- RUB: Check chicken if completely thawed and now soft. Discard brine. Rub chicken with pepper and salt on all sides. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on the skin side, set aside.
- SAUCE TO COOK IN: Prepare pot, combine Sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Add chicken with skin side up. Cover and bring to a boil again then lower heat, cooking for 20 minutes. Then flip all pieces to the other side and simmer another 20 minutes.
- PECHAY: with 10 minutes left on the clock, you can add the washed pechay on top of the chicken to steam, cover and continue cookingthe chicken.
- PECHAY : Turn off heat and transfer pechay on a heated non stick pan (while leaving the chicken in the pot, covered) and add a few drops of sesame oil all around, season with all purpose seasoning powder and dash of salt. Cover a couple minutes then transfer and arrange on a plate.
- Set aside the remaining chicken sauce/drippings in the pot.
- BROWNING: On the same non stick pan, with residue of sesame oil, add some cooking oil (just a couple tablespoons to lightly fry/brown) then fish out the chicken from the pot and skin side down, lightly caramelize it. Flip to the other side if you want both sides browned. Remember, don't over cook to keep the meat juicy.
- Plate the chicken, caramelized side up. Serve with the sauce/drippings on the side, if desired.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food asian spiced sesame soy chicken (sans the xiao xing) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!