How to Prepare Iconic English Roast Beef for List of Food
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, english roast beef. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
English Roast Beef is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. English Roast Beef is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have english roast beef using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make English Roast Beef:
- Prepare 1 kg beef round roast
- Take 3 tbsp butter
- Get To taste salt and pepper
- Take 1/2 cup white wine
- Take 1/2 tsp dried sage
- Prepare 1 bay leaf
- Take 1 medium onion, sliced
- Make ready 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 1 tbsp flour
Instructions to make English Roast Beef:
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Season the roast with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a cast iron pot or Dutch oven, melt two of the three tbsp of butter. Brown the roast on all sides in the butter.
- When the roast is browned, add wine, sage, bay leaf, onion, and garlic. Optionally add red pepper flakes and additional salt. Cover the pot and place roast in the oven for 2–3 hours, or until desired level of doneness.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a small saucepan on medium heat. Mix 1 tbsp of flour until well combined. Reduce heat to low until roux is lightly browned, being careful not to burn it. Season with sage, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add ½ cup of water, and remaining liquid from roast including onions and garlic. Rise heat to medium, bring to a boil and lower to low heat, simmering until gravy thickens.
- Slice roast and serve topped with gravy.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food english roast beef recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!